I want to ride my bicycle ~ I want to ride my bike ~ I want to ride my bicycle ~ I want to ride it where I like
~ Queen, Bicycle Race, Fat Bottomed Girls

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Straitline goodies for my bike....

So I headed up to see Greg up at Straitline the other day to see if I could pick up a few things from him and maybe have a look around at their awesome facilities...and the best part is....I forgot my camera...lol....yes, I am that good. Anyway, Next time I am up there I will take some pics and maybe get some more info for ya'll on all their new machines and future plans.

Read the rest after the jump...
All I managed to pick up was some spacers...I needed to get rid of the mismatched crappy little black spacers that I had on the Rune...and while I have this big orange thing keeping me from riding I thought I would pimp the bike out a little, and lighten up the front end while I am at it. (Have something new waiting for me down at Sooke Mountain Cycles, I will tell ya about that at a later date.)

I gotta say, these spacers are pretty pimp....I know what you are saying...WTF they are only spacers. Well...yeah they are only spacers but these spacers come in a rainbow of awesome colours, are machined to be light and they just look great...what more could you ask for? If you are fine with running boring, crappy spacers then really these are not for you...but if you are looking for bike jewelry, something to set your bike apart from the rest....well these spacers are perfect for you. Any gear-whore worth anything should pick these spacers up...they are that sexy.


Here are the specs for these bad boys....
  • Available for 1.125" & 1.5" steertubes
  • 1.25" set includes 1 each of 3mm, 6mm & two 12mm
  • 24.5g (full set) both sizes
  • 100% CNC machined from solid 6061 T6 aluminum
  • Suggested Retail $30
I can't really do a full review of these, they are just spacers...but they do work, they do look amazing and they are light...what more could you ask for?

Do you think I am crazy for spending that much on spacers? Tell me about it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment