I want to ride my bicycle ~ I want to ride my bike ~ I want to ride my bicycle ~ I want to ride it where I like
~ Queen, Bicycle Race, Fat Bottomed Girls

Friday, May 18, 2012

The Joy of Longer Days

I love Spring - not only does it make everything greener, but the days start getting longer and longer days mean getting out to ride after work ... in the daylight. Add to it all the hero dirt out there that just makes it so much fun ... that time between the sloppy slipperiness of winter and the dusty sketchiness of summer. Your tires just stick to the trail, climbing things that you struggled with all winter and carving corners faster than you have in the past ... the dirt makes you feel like superman on a bike.

Last night's ride was like that - so much fun and, to top it all off, riding with a buddy who I have not ridden with much lately. And we found a fun new-to-us trail that will give us a pretty awesome loop next time we are up there.

So, raise your glasses to the longer days and hopefully we can get out there and enjoy them while they are here. :)

The view from one of the summits...yup a great way to end a work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment