I want to ride my bicycle ~ I want to ride my bike ~ I want to ride my bicycle ~ I want to ride it where I like
~ Queen, Bicycle Race, Fat Bottomed Girls

Friday, May 25, 2012

My Favourite Things

We all have things that for some reason or another we just love, here is a little list of some of the bike related things on my list right now:




Dakine Covert Gloves - I won these at a movie premier and right off the bat I noticed the minimalist palm and light fabric that covers the back of the hand...and the all important bit of terry cloth that wipes away the nasty stuff. I have washed these umpteen times and the little braking rubber bits are just starting to come off the finger tips, much better than other gloves I have had that come off after a few rides. I have ridden these on XC/AM rides locally and even shredded Whistler/Mt. Washington with them with no blisters or irritation. If you are looking for a minimalist glove then give the Covert's a try!


Honey Stinger Organic Energy Chews - Not much to say about these...they're just tasty. I find them easy to digest and not too sweet like some of their competition. If you want to know more about them I wrote a few quick reviews, you can check those out here. Next I want to try their waffles, I have only heard good things about them too.


Tri-Flow - Also, not much to say here...I just love this stuff. The smell reminds me of everything that is mountain biking. If you have never had a whiff of the stuff...well...then I dare say you have not lived. Not only does it smell great, it works well too. I use it for all of my dirty chains needs of course, but I also use it on my forks to keep the seals moist and slippery, squeeky door hinges, sticky key holes and well just anything that needs to be slippery...well...not everything but you get the idea right?


Specialized Purgatory Tire - Back in the day I used to swear by the old school Specialized Ground Control  tires, they just did everything well. Since then a few things have changed in our sport - suspension, freeride, 29ers, and somewhere along the line Specialized dropped the ball in the tire department. That is until now. I have been on the Maxxis bandwagon for years, but when they started charging $100 for a tire I decided to look elsewhere. I heard good things about the 29er version of the Purgatory and decided to jump the Maxxis ship and try the new breed of Specialized tires. I have been riding this tire for a few months now and it has surprised me at just about every turn. It hooks up when climbing, brakes well and stays where you put it in the corners. This was all on the muddy, slippery Vancouver Island trails. Give em a try...you may be surprised too.


Renthal Duo Stem - I just love this little hunk of aluminium. I wrote about this stem not too long ago, so I don't think I need to get into it much more...but I just wanted to let you all know that it is still performing flawlessly, and I think it looks just awesome.


That's it for now, I am sure that there are more and I will write about them at a later date. What are your favourite cycling related things, share them here and spread the good word.

4 comments:

  1. The waffles are AMAZING! I prefer the original honey flavor. Definitely give them a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will go try them next...will write a little mini review when I do.

      Delete
  2. Like this idea and am drafting my own version of a blog post. Those gloves sound pretty sweet. I need a new pair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I hope to have a few more of these posts in the future. Post up a link when you are done with yours, would love to read it.

      Delete