I want to ride my bicycle ~ I want to ride my bike ~ I want to ride my bicycle ~ I want to ride it where I like
~ Queen, Bicycle Race, Fat Bottomed Girls

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Quick Review: Jelly Belly Sports Beans

I have been wanting to try these for a long time, but have not seen them in stores up here, till now. Anyone that knows me knows I have a soft spot in my belly for Jelly Belly jelly beans...OMG...so good. I was really stoked to see these in MEC, but a bit less stoked once I ate them. I was expecting them to taste more like Jelly Belly's but instead they tasted like gatorade in a bean form. There was a really odd aftertaste, the only thing I can think it may be is vitamin C...bitter, almost salty. They were okay, but not  the sweet tastiness was I was expecting.

They also cost more than most sports bars ($2.20) and even more than the Honey Stinger Chews I tested last time, and the chews tasted a lot better. They did seem to do their job though...even though it was a short ride I did not seem to have any energy issues and even cleaned some little techy climbs that have killed me in the past.

The other thing I did not like is that there were no nutritional facts on the packaging so I could not easily tell how they differed from other products on the market. As well there was no allergy information on the packaging, with the large amount of people with food allergies out there it would be nice to see Jelly Belly step up and let people know what is in their product. I did like the resealable bag and they were nice and compact...but I do not think I would buy them again. Check out their site for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment