I want to ride my bicycle ~ I want to ride my bike ~ I want to ride my bicycle ~ I want to ride it where I like
~ Queen, Bicycle Race, Fat Bottomed Girls

Friday, August 3, 2012

Dream Bikes and Pinterest?

My girlfriend loves Pinterest, but I just didn't see a reason to pay much attention to it. It seemed like it was like scrapbooking for the Internet and that didn't really appeal to me. She also did this with Twitter; I just didn't see the point in it and she kept on talking about and tweeting all the time; after a while I decided to check it out a bit more, and let's just say that I got hooked. Given SCWInk's track record, I eventually signed up for Pinterest and played around with it a bit, but didn't really see the draw. Yes, I thought it was a good place for us to show each other cool ideas for the our home, but other than that I never went there much.



Then the other night I was a little bored and I started thinking about what I usually think about - bikes, but not ordinary bikes. This was a 'what if money were no object' type of ultimate AM bike. As I was piecing it together in my head, I started thinking that I would love a place to be able to keep track of the new and sexy bike parts I would hang on this bike, and then it came to me - Pinterest. All I had to do was make a new board and pin all the stuff right there...so easy. 

After a bit more thought, here are two of my dream bikes just waiting for me on separate pin boards. The original AM board I started with, and, because you always need one more, a DH board. Click the photo's to check them out in more detail.

AM Dream Build
AM Dream Build
DH Dream Build
DH Dream Build
What do you think, is this a good tool for the job? Would you ever use Pinterest? And if so what do you or would you use it for? If you are on Pinterest, make up a dream bike board of your own and share it with the rest of us. Or, if you think that some of my parts are crap, tell me why in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment